Each year, USC conducts a survey to:
- Collect and update data on space utilization at the university.
- Provide documentation required for federal indirect cost reimbursement.
- Share data with the Office of Budget and Planning for use in allocating space-related costs for the upcoming university budget cycle.
The survey compiles:
- Current room numbers, types and assignments.
- Space activity codes (SAC).
- Assignable net square footage for each room.
The survey is emailed to all senior business officers in February each year. It includes an Excel spreadsheet of space assigned to each department that must be updated and returned to the Department of Space Management by the first week in May. The annual space survey letter includes additional details. Contact the Office of Space Management if you have any further questions.