USC offers courses in three terms each academic year — fall, spring and summer. Every term is broken into sessions that have unique combinations of characteristics such as tuition/fees, start/end dates, location and refund deadlines that vary from the university’s general session (001). To identify such programs in the Student Information System (SIS), the Registrar’s Office creates unique session codes. As each class is scheduled for the term, it must be associated with an established session.
If you need to set up a session that differs from the university’s general session:
- The Registrar’s Office sends out a memo when it’s time to start scheduling classes each term. Follow that process and timeline, completing the Session Request form [link to PDF] in time for the session to be published in the Schedule of Classes. Requests for nonpublished sessions must be submitted as early as possible, but no less than 60 days prior to the first day of the session. This helps ensure that all approvals are complete in time for students to be enrolled and billed prior to the start of classes.
- Following Registrar’s approval, you may begin to schedule classes.
- Bursar Administration will apply the appropriate fees to the session after it is approved by the Registrar.
- Please allow 5 business days after Registrar approval for this information to appear in the Student Information System (SIS). Rates for the fall term generally are not finalized until late spring. We cannot populate fall session tables until rates have been provided by the Office of Budget and Planning.
- Verify the accuracy of the tuition and fees for your session in SIS. Standard SIS access allows you to review this information.
- Students may not register until the fee setup is complete.
Rates for the fall term generally are not finalized until late spring.
Reviewing tuition and fees for your session — BUR.D.SESS