Account numbers are created in the Kuali Financial System (KFS) in several ways, depending on the award type and its terms and conditions.
Recharge Center Accounts:
SPA creates recharge center accounts when requested by the Office of Financial Analysis.
Federal Student Aid Accounts:
To request creation of a federal student aid account, complete the Federal Student Aid Establishment Form. These accounts include the following programs:
- Federal Direct Loan (FDL)
- Federal Work-Study (FWS)
- Pell Grant
- Perkins Loan
- Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
- Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher-Education (TEACH)
To request creation of a KC award and budget, contact the Department of Contracts and Grants. SPA cannot set up the account and budget in KFS until the Department of Contracts and Grants establishes the award and budget in Kuali Coeus (KC).
- After the KC award and initial budget are created, SPA is notified and then sets up the KFS account (master or satellite) and budget, generally within two business days.
- Then, the principal investigator and business administrator are emailed instructions on how to access and view account and budget information and, if applicable, how to request a detailed budget and/or internal satellite.
You may wish to create an internal satellite even if it is not mandated by the award’s terms and conditions. For instance, you may need to separate funds to support inter-department projects.
- To request creation, complete the Internal Satellite Establishment Form.
- Once SPA receives the completed form, the account will generally be set up within two business days.