Commitment deposits are paid by most applicants when they accept USC’s offer of admission. They are held as a future credit until the student meets the enrollment requirements for the academic term.
All undergraduate deposits are collected by the USC Office of Admission.
Graduate and professional schools collect commitment deposits in one of two ways:
- eMarket storefront
- Departments may subscribe to an eMarket storefront connected with you.usc.edu.
- This process requires admitted students to submit their deposits when they certify via youSC.
- eMarket automates the collection and posting of deposits
- Current participants are:
- School of Architecture
- Bovard College
- Marshall School of Business
- Rossier School of Education
- Viterbi School of Engineering
- Thornton School of Music
- To subscribe to a storefront, ask your primary contact at the Office of Graduate Admission for more information, including a breakdown of subscription costs.
- Departments not subscribing to USC’s eMarket storefront must collect deposits and post them manually.
Documentation and additional information on the following processes are available:
- Collecting commitment deposits outside of eMarket — About Manually Processing Commitment Deposits
- Posting future transactions — BUR.U.FUTR
- Running reports on future transactions — BUR.R.FUTR
- Running reports on deposits posted to student accounts/charged to your general ledger account — BUR.R.GLACT.SEQ