What is the eRefund (ACH or Electronic Refund) service?
Summer refunds begin the first day of classes...
Fall & Spring refunds begin on Wednesday of the week before the start of classes...
eRefunds get your money from your student account to your checking account automatically,
no matter where you are!
Completing the USCe.pay online signup* for eRefunds authorizes the University of Southern California to initiate deposits (credits) and/or corrections to previous credits to the financial institution (ie: bank) indicated. The financial institution is authorized to credit and/or correct the amounts to the Student's bank account. This authority remains in full force and effect until revoked by giving 10 days prior written notice to the University of Southern California's Cashier's Office. Deposits may only be made to checking or sharedraft accounts at U.S. banking institutions. If you have previously signed up for the ACH / Direct Deposit service, your information has been transferred over for eRefunds.
The student account is checked daily for a credit balance year-round (during Fall, Spring and Summer terms); if a qualifying credit balance exists, it will be processed for deposit into the bank account specified. Refunds are sent to your bank and usually show up in student bank accounts two business days from the date they are processed by the Cashier's Office (i.e.: eRefunds processed on Fridays should be available on Tuesday. eRefunds processed on Monday should be available on Wednesday.) eRefunds will be available by 8:00 am the day of the deposit.
Signing up*: go online to the USCe.pay system to sign up for (or change / cancel) eRefunds. Applications (or changes to account numbers) require validation by your bank which usually takes 2 business days. Once your bank information has been validated, eRefund processing may take an additional 2 business days. Please note that if you had previously signed up for the ACH / Direct Deposit service, your information was pre-loaded into eRefunds where you now control it...
* New student accounts on USCe.pay are created when we assess the 1st semester's tuition & fees (for Fall / Spring terms, about 1 month before the start of classes), which is after you have enrolled in classes and charges have been posted to your account, even if a commitment deposit has been paid.
If you are a NEW student, online financial services (USCe.pay) will not be available until that time!
Important facts to remember about eRefunds:
- If you are signed up for Payment Plan, refund requests must be approved by Student Financial Services
- If your payment was made using a Debit card, it was processed through our credit card processor and we must refund to the Debit card, even if the debit card draws from the same bank account as the one used when signing up for eRefunds.
- eRefund applications (and changes) take 2 business days to process (while we verify your account with your bank) before a refund may be requested
- Payments made by check and online USCe.pay account transfer payments require 10 business days after they are received to become eligible for a refund
- Refunds are deposited into bank accounts two business days from the date they are processed by the Cashier's Office
- Deposits may only be made to checking or share draft accounts in U.S. financial institutions only.
- Student Financial Services / Cashier's Office offers direct deposit refunds for qualifying credit balances on student accounts. Any other student direct deposits* (ie: stipends, payroll) require a separate application form submitted to the appropriate department.
Questions ?? Please call (213) 740-7471.
* Please note that other departments at USC also offer direct deposit services for students, such as:
Categories: Credit Balances, Parents, Guests, and Sponsors, Payments, Refunds