Frequently Asked Questions
Where and to whom do I address a payment I wish to send by mail?
Please allow 5-10 business days for processing of payments mailed from within the continental U.S. If you have requested that your bank make the payment, please allow an additional 10 business days for their processing.
(allow more time for HI, AK and international mail), so that your payment may be received by the settlement deadline.
* Checks and drafts must be drawn on U.S. banking institutions and made payable to "University of Southern California".
Please be sure to include student name and USC-ID on the front of your check / draft payment.
For international students:
If payment cannot be sent in the form of a check in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. banking institution account,
we recommend that payment be sent via Wire Transfer
If an international bank is referenced on the check, our bank will initiate the special domestic bank collections process which can take several weeks before we receive the funds from our bank and the payment may be posted to your account.
Scholarship checks must go to the Office of Financial Aid for processing so that they can be posted to your student account.
Please go to Financial Aid's FAQ's page, at: http://www.usc.edu/admission/fa/faqs .
Student Account payments:
If you are making a normal payment* (check drawn on U.S. banking institution, in U.S. dollars) and it is not an urgent matter that the Collections Department be immediately aware that your check has arrived, then you may send your payment (please include student's name and USC-ID) to the following address:
USC Cashier's Office
620 W McCarthy Way, Suite 21
Los Angeles, California 90089
* To prevent late fees and finance charges, mailed payments should be mailed at least 5-10 business days before the settlement deadline if mailed within the continental U.S., (allow more time for HI, AK and international mail) so that they may be received by the settlement deadline.
To mail a payment OVERNIGHT /EXPRESS for an account which is not in Collections status and does not have HOLD on it, please be sure to include student name and 10-digit USC-id, make check payable to "University of Southern California" and send it to the above address.
- - - - - - -
If you have already been dealing with the Collections Department, and if your situation is such that the lifting of the hold depends on the Collections Department being immediately aware that your check has arrived, then please send the payment to:
USC University Collections
1150 W. Jefferson Blvd.
Parking Structure B, PSB 115
Los Angeles, California 90089-1053
Payment Plan payments:
Payment Plan enrollment and payments are completely online.
For more information, please go to the Payment Plan homepage.
Please contact your Lender or review your loan documents.
For campus-based loans, this information is available online at our loan service provider's website: www.ecsi.net .
- FAQ: I am paying with an INTERNATIONAL DRAFT. What are the requirements for using this payment method?
- If payment cannot be sent in the form of a check in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. banking institution account, we recommend that payment be sent via Wire Transfer.
- If an international bank is referenced on the check, our bank will initiate the special domestic bank collections process. This process can take several weeks before we receive the funds from our bank and the payment may be posted to your account. In addition, because it is not possible to estimate the cost of domestic bank collection charges and currency exchange rates, only the NET COLLECTED (the amount we actually receive from our bank) will be credited to the student account.
Categories: Bills/Statements, Past Due Balances, Payments