Where do I need to go to sign the Promissory Note for the Perkins Loan?
You will receive an email* notification from Heartland ECSI once your award(s) is/are ready to be E-signed. You will no longer receive paper Master Promissory Notes (MPN's). You will be instructed to:
- Log on to Heartland ECSI's website at https://heartland.ecsi.net/ .
- Provide your Social Security Number, last name and date of birth.
- Read everything carefully. Answer all questions completely.
- You will complete an Entrance Interview.
- You will provide a total of three references (one family member and two other individuals), so be prepared with names, addresses and phone numbers.
- Read your MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. The electronic signature includes a check off box plus your legal full name.
For Fall terms, Master Promissory Notes for the Federal Perkins loan are scheduled for E-signature in early August.
If you do not receive notification by the Fall settlement deadline, please contact our office at (213) 740-4077.
* Please note that official USC emails are always sent to your official USC email address which ends in '@usc.edu'.
See also: Schedule of Classes