Welcome to Purchasing Services
Purchasing Services is a department within Business Services—Procurement. Business Services—Procurement is a department within the division of Financial and Business Services.
Purchasing Services is comprised of two teams (UPC and HSC), that operate as a centralized resource to all campus departments. Both teams are committed to ensuring that goods and services are procured at the maximum value, in compliance with policies set forth by the university, sponsoring agencies, the IRS and the State Board, and in accordance with best practices. The professional staff are committed to:
- Conducting bids on behalf of departments
- Negotiating best-value contracts by leveraging the university's total purchasing power (see List of Contract Suppliers)
- Selecting responsive and qualified suppliers
- Reviewing and signing vendor contracts
- Monitoring supplier-contract performance
Purchasing Services also works in tandem with Supplier Diversity Services to reach the university's goal to procure, regardless of source of funds, 15% of all purchases with diverse suppliers, including woman, minority, and veteran-owned businesses.
For more information on the Purchasing Services staff, go to Contact Us.