A recharge center is a department or functional unit which performs specific technical or administrative services primarily for the benefit of other units within a reporting unit. It is provided to enable our researchers to obtain these services at reasonable costs when compared to utilizing those services through external channels.
* There is a demand for goods and/or services by multiple users
* The goods and/or services are provided on a regular basis
* The cost of goods and/or services can clearly be identified
* Usage by customers can be reasonably measured
* Billing rates can be established that measure the costs of the goods and services provided
Recharge Centers are also commonly known as:
Research Core Facilities
Animal Research Facilities
Recharge Center Policy
Recharge Center Listing (by school):
Viterbi School of Engineering
Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences
Keck School of Medicine
Other Recharge Center Related Links:
If you wish to use our standard templates for the calculation of your recharge rates, the links can be found here:
How to Establish a Service Center Checklist
- This checklist will assist you as you begin the process of creating a new Service Center
New Recharge Center Request Template
- Use this form to provide initial information to begin the process of creating a recharge center.
Service Center Rate Analysis Template
- Use this template to assist you in preparing all necessary financial requirements. If you need assistance with this templace, please contact OFA for assistance at extension 11937.
Financial and Business Services, Office of Financial Analysis
Phone: (213) 821-1937 Main