Mailing and Material Management Services, a department within Business Services, operates Surplus Sales to meet several business and compliance objectives for the university in terms of properly donating, disposing, and selling items belonging to the university. Surplus Sales also provides low cost items for sale to USC students, faculty, staff, and departments only.
The current guidelines for Surplus Sales are under review at this time. Electronic items with data storage capability such as: computers, servers, copiers, scanners, etc. will not be accepted by Surplus Sales until further notice.
Surplus Sales may refuse items based on condition, demand, or current overstock of certain items. If we are unable to handle your request, please contact Facilities or Environmental Health & Safety.
- Sellers/Donors -- Departments with used items that need a new home should request a pick up from Surplus Sales. If we're able to sell the department's item, a portion of the proceeds will be returned to the department. If we're not able to sell the item, Surplus Sales will donate your item to a local charity.
- Buyers -- USC Departments, Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Students may buy from Surplus Sales, for business or personal use. Surplus Sales approved Vendors may also buy, but by appointment only. Inventory includes used items at low prices. Featured items are posted on the Trojan Surplus eFlyer.
3401 South Grand Avenue
University Parking Center
Los Angeles, CA 90089-7777
NEW HOURS (Effective: August 6, 2012)
Tuesday: Open 1:00PM to 5:00PM
Wednesday: Open 1:00PM to 5:00PM
Thursday: Open 1:00PM to 5:00PM
We are open to USC Alumni, Faculty, Staff and Students ONLY. A valid USC ID or USC Alumni Card (with picture ID) will be required.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Internal Requisitions (for USC Departments)
- MasterCard / Visa, Credit/Debit
- Certified Checks, Cashier's Checks, or Money Orders
Pick-up and Delivery Service
- Pick-up service from USC departments