USC eMarket and KFS Purchasing (PUR) and Accounts Payable (AP)
The purchasing and payments process is comprised of functions within the USC eMarket and Kuali Financial System. Users will primarily interact with the USC eMarket for most purchasing and payment functions, excluding Procurement Card, Disbursement Voucher, and Disbursement Voucher Quick Expense. Once training is completed and roles have been granted, the USC eMarket can be accessed through a link in Kuali or through the link on the home page of the Kuali@USC web site.
The USC eMarket allows users to:
- Shop for and request items to purchase from Preferred Suppliers and all On-boarded Suppliers
- Create and approve requisitions
- Generate purchase orders
- Conduct receiving for invoice approval
- View invoices and credit memos
- Search for requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, credit memos, and payment authorizations
For more information regarding Procurement, please visit the USC Business Services web site.
All roles must be requested via Kuali User Access Request form and approved by the department’s Senior Business Officer (SBO).
- Shopper: Shops for and requests items, assigns shopping cart(s) to Requisitioner, and conducts receiving to authorize payment. Training is recommended.
- Requisitioner: Has all the same permissions as a Shopper; can also submit requests for approval and/or order placement. Training is required; take Requisitioner Training.
- Financial Approver: Reviews the requisition for appropriateness and allowability, and authorizes the use of funds by account. Training is required; take USC eMarket Requisition Approver Training.
- Invoice Exception Approver: Serves as escalation for issues with invoice processing. Facilitates resolution of issues involving pricing, quantity or receipt exceptions. Training is recommended.
- Optional - Special Account Approver: Reviews the requisition for appropriateness and allowability, and authorizes the use of funds by account. Training is required; take USC eMarket Requisition Approver Training.
- Purchasing – Accounts Payable User Roles Chart
Requisitioner, Approver and Invoice Exception Approver
Check out "Where's the Shopping Cart?" for fun imagery.