Purchasing Accounts Payable (PURAP)/USC eMarket
USC’s Purchasing and Accounts Payable (PURAP) solution divides tasks between two functions: the USC eMarket and the Kuali Financial System (KFS). The Procurement Card (P-Card) is also a PURAP function, but it is handled under Kuali Financial Systems Procurement Card.
Note: Visit the Procurement department's Fiscal Year Closing Policies and Fiscal Year Closing Procedures pages for important information regarding cut-off dates. You can also access the eMarket and DV Fiscal Year Closing User Guide.
The USC eMarket allows users to:
- Shop for items to purchase from Catalog Vendors
- Create and approve requisitions
- Generate purchase orders
- Conduct receiving for invoice approval
- Create invoices/payment requests and credit memos
- Search for requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, credit memos
What ROLE do you play in USC eMarket?
Shoppers, Requisitioners and Approvers can review the requirements of each role on the PURAP/USC eMarket Roles Chart.
USC eMarket Access
The USC eMarket can be accessed through KFS or directly via the link below. Users accessing the USC eMarket must be submitted by their departments for user access. For certain roles such as Requisitioner or Approver, training must be completed before access is granted.
USC eMarket Supporting Materials and Training
User Support (and Training) for USC eMarket
USC eMarket FAQs
PURAP PowerPoint about USC eMarket and KFS.
Open Lab Sessions: Register for USC eMarket post-training assistance as needed. Designed for University Staff who have questions AFTER they have already completed their eMarket training, sessions are held at UPC.
Add your own photo to Where's the Shopping Cart?
Kuali Financial System (KFS)
KFS allows users to:
- Create new payees for Disbursement Vouchers (DV). DV vendors can be used on all Disbursement Vouchers but not in the USC eMarket. Special vendors can be used on a restricted set of Disbursement Vouchers.
- Create and approve Disbursement Vouchers, formerly known as check requests
- Create and approve Disbursement Voucher for travel reimbursements—Disbursement Voucher Quick Expense (DVQE)
- Create and approve Disbursement Voucher for non-travel reimbursements—Disbursement Voucher Quick Expense (DVQE)
- Issue payments resulting from invoices/payment requests and all types of DVs
- Reconcile and drill down for accounts, encumbrances, and actuals stemming from purchasing and disbursement control activity. The following types of eDocs are searchable in KFS: purchase orders, invoice/payment requests and credit memos created in the USC eMarket; disbursement vouchers (all types); and USC vendors (all types).
What ROLE do you play with DVs and DVQEs?
Initiators and Approvers can review the requirements of each role on the PURAP/USC eMarket Roles Chart.
DV & DVQE Supporting Materials and Training
DV & DVQE Support and Training
DV & DVQE PowerPoint
DV & DVQE FAQs
Training Calendar: Register for DV and DVQE Initiator training
Several suppliers have been approved as USC eMarket Catalog Vendors. This list will evolve as additional suppliers register and are approved.
Suppliers must register to be approved as USC eMarket vendors. Most suppliers will be invited by USC to register or will be set up by USC in lieu of self-registration. Suppliers approved via the registration site will be automatically available for use as payees on disbursement vouchers. Vist the USC Supplier Portal for information on how to add new suppliers.
To see a selection of email contacts for questions regarding Accounts Payable and Purchasing, take a look at this list of specific topics handled by the Business Services Solution Center.
You can also contact the USC eMarket help desk:
Kuali@USC eMarket Help Desk
Monday through Friday
8:30 am to 5:00 pm