HELP > USCe.pay > Payments > Western Union wire transfer requests
ONLINE generation of Western Union/Travelex Wire Transfer request form
Western Union/Travelex have added 2 new wire transfer currencies for USCe.pay:
the Chinese yuan and the Korean won!
USCe.pay's wire transfer request forms are ONLY valid for 72 hours!
Students & parents may generate WIRE TRANSFER payment request forms
on USCe.pay, in any of many different currencies, with no USC fees assessed!
If your preferred currency is not listed, you may use 'US Dollar' as your currency.
Please ignore error on Wire Transfer request form saying 'Please note this account cannot accept US Dollars (USD)'....
Please note that we do not process eRefunds for accounts paid by WIRE TRANSFER.
You have two options: we can leave the wire in your account to be used for future charges or we can return the entire wire back to the originator.
Click HERE for information about other (non-Western Union) WIRE TRANSFER payments
Important facts about Western Union Wire Transfer requests (initiated online using USCe.pay):
- USCe.pay wire transfer payment requests are NOT submitted to your bank online,
you must hand-deliver wire transfer request form to your bank within 72 hours.
- USCe.pay wire transfer payments are not COMPLETE until you have instructed your bank to make the wire transfer using the paper form you have printed from USCe.pay.
- USCe.pay's Western Union/Travelex wire transfer request forms are ONLY valid for 72 hours!
(Please generate a NEW form for different amounts, and and/or additional payments)
- ALL wire transfer payments are posted to student accounts as soon as we receive notice from our bank that the payment has been received.
- Western Union / Travelex wire transfer payment requests will show a PENDING status until we receive notice from our bank that payment has been received.
- Western Union Wires may process in as little as 5 days while other wires can take 3-4 weeks.
- USC does not charge a fee for Western Union / Travelex wire transfers... (note: your bank may charge an encounter fee for wire transfer payments).
How to generate a Western Union wire transfer payment request form using USCe.pay:
- go online to the USCe.pay service (available from MyUSC and OASIS)
- click on the 'make payment' tab
- click on 'Tuition and Fees' (must have an Account Balance > 0)
- enter the amount you plan to pay using Western Union/Travelex wire transfer
- click 'Add to payment queue'
- on the 'Your Payment Queue' page, verify the payment amount
- on the 'Select Method of Payment' page, choose 'Pay by wire transfer...'
- and click 'Continue Checkout'
- on the 'Enter Wire Transfer Currency Information' page:
- select country & currency (use 'US dollars' if your currency is not listed...)
- enter remitter name
- enter email address for submission instructions & copy of submission form
(If desired, enter additional email addresses by adding ";", space, and email address for each...)
- review 'Terms and Conditions' and click 'yes' if you agree...
- and click 'Continue Checkout'
- review information on the 'Transaction Pending' page
- and click 'Submit Payment'
- a pop-up window will open your Western Union/Travelex Wire Transfer Request form (as a 'pdf' document)
- If you do not see a 'pdf' form, please check your desktop carefully for a pop-up window which may appear behind your browser window. If your browser prevents pop-up windows or opening 'pdf' documents, don't worry - you will also receive an email with the same 'pdf' form as an attachment. Simply 'save' the form to your desktop (or other location), and open it up later. This is the form which must be used to submit the wire transfer request to your bank.
- please print the wire transfer payment request form
- and submit it to your bank within 72 hours (in person, via your online banking - if applicable, or by calling your bank), as directed, to complete the payment process... the payment status will remain PENDING until we receive notice from our bank that the payment has been received.
- if you chose US Dollars as your currency, please ignore error on Wire Transfer request form which says 'Please note this account cannot accept US Dollars (USD)', US Dollars IS a valid and accepted currency.
The exchange rate on your Western Union/Travelex wire transfer request is ONLY valid for 72 hours for the amount specified. If a student arranges for a wire transfer using information from a previously used form/document, or from an incorrect form (amount change, currency change, etc.), the payment will be delayed, and will be subject to the $25 wire transfer fee. (Because we have to correspond with the bank and manually post the payment).
A few minutes after you click the 'Submit Payment' button for a wire transfer payment request, you will receive an email for your 'PENDING' wire transfer payment with instructions about submitting the wire request form/document to your bank to COMPLETE the payment request. You may submit the form to your bank in person. If your bank allows it, you may also be able to submit the wire transfer request via your online banking, or by calling your bank.
If you do not submit the payment request form to your bank within 72 hours or if you change the payment amount or currency, you will need to go back online to USCe.pay and create a new Wire Transfer request form.
USC will post your wire transfer payment to your student account as soon as we receive notification from our bank that it has been received.
Foreign currencies offered by Western Union for use on USCe.pay include:
- AED - Utd. Arab Emir. Dirham
- AUD - Australian Dollar
- BHD - Bahraini Dinar
- CAD - Canadian Dollar
- CHF - Swiss Franc
- CZK - Czech Koruna
- DKK - Danish Kroner
- EUR - Euro
- FJD - Fiji Dollar
- GPB - British Pound
- HKD - Hong Kong Dollar
- HUF - Hungarian Forint
- ILS - Israeli Shekel
- INR - Indian Rupee
- JOD - Jordanian Dinar
- JPY - Japanese Yen
- KES - Kenyan Shilling
- KWD - Kuwaiti Dinar
- LTL - Lithuanian Litas
- LVL - Latvian Lats
- MAD - Moroccan Dirham
- MXN - Mexican Peso
- NAD - Namibian Dollar
- NOK - Norwegian Kroner
- NZD - New Zealand Dollar
- OMR - Omani Rial
- PLN - Polish Zloty
- QAR - Qatari Rial
- SAR - Saudi Riyal
- SEK - Swedish Kronor
- SGP - Singapore Dollar
- THB - Thai Baht
- TRY - Turkish New Lira
- USD - US DOLLAR
- VUV - Vanuatu Vatu
- WST - Samoan Tala
- XPF - Central Polynesian Franc
- ZAR - South African Rand
June 2014: Just added: Chinese YUAN and Korean WON !
You may use 'US Dollar' if your preferred currency is not listed.
Western Union continues to add new types of foreign currency, so please check back occasionally...
For non-Western Union international wire transfers...