The Department of Supplier Diversity Services fosters economic growth in California through campus use of businesses owned by minorities, women, and veterans, and small local businesses in the communities surrounding USC's campuses.
Diverse Supplier Goals for USC
USC has a goal to procure 15% of all purchases, regardless of source of funds, from Diverse Suppliers. To reach this goal, Supplier Diversity Services:
- Pre-qualifies, recruits, and trains Diverse Suppliers
- Improves accessibility to and awareness of Diverse Suppliers throughout USC
- Provides orientation to USC, "How to do Business with USC"
- Recognizes USC departments for outstanding use of Diverse Suppliers
Diverse Supplier Goals for Federal and State Contracts
On behalf of units with federal and state contracts larger than $650,000, Supplier Diversity Services:
- Develops government subcontract plans in compliance with the Federal Acquisition and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Prepares "Good Faith Effort" Diverse Supplier usage proposals
- Submits Diverse Supplier compliance reports to applicable governmental agencies