Unclaimed property at USC refers to checks issued by the university that have not been cashed by the payee.
If you have received a letter indicating that the university is holding unclaimed property in your name, you must claim your property (funds) before the date specified in your letter. After that date, we are required to submit the funds to your State Controller’s office.
If you believe you are the owner of these funds and the name and address found on your letter are correct, please submit an Online Claim Request to claim your funds.
If there are changes to name or if you are submitting a claim on behalf of someone else, please complete and sign the Claim Request Letter and provide the following documentation:
For individuals with a name change:
- a copy of government issued-license / ID or Passport matching name on letter (USC Faculty, Staff and Students may provide their USC-ID), and
- a copy of marriage certificate or court ordered name change document.
For businesses with a name change:
- a copy of legal documentation showing both old and new business name.
For individuals submitting claim on behalf of someone else:
- a copy of government issued-license / ID or Passport for requestor, and
- a copy of documentation demonstrating requestor is legally entitled to sign on behalf of individual.
For individuals submitting claim on behalf of a business:
- a copy of legal documentation demonstrating requestor is legally entitled to sign on behalf of business.
When you have completed the Claim Request Letter, please return the letter and copies of your documentation by mail, fax or email.
||Mailing address :
||USC Bank Reconciliations
University Gardens, Suite 110, MC 8012
Los Angeles, CA 90089-8012
||Fax number :
||Email address :
Please allow 6-8 weeks processing time. If you have any questions, contact us at 213-821-2113.
Unclaimed Property due to the University: (for USC personnel only)
If you believe that there are funds owed to the university (or a university department), that you would like to claim for your USC department, please email Vivian Alegria at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include check number, date, amount of check, nature of property, reference invoice(s), and any back-up documentation which you can provide to support this claim. Thank you.