Customer Feedback  ·  Contact Us  ·  Search  ·  Sitemap  ·  Home    
Payment Services
Division of Financial and Business Services

Home > Forms and Documents > Stop Payment and Check Cancellation Forms

Stop Payment and Check Cancellation Forms

If 180 days has passed since the check was issued, please use the form provided by Bank Reconciliations.

Lost Check

If a check issued by the University of Southern California was never received or was lost after receipt, the payee should request a stop payment by completing the form below. Upon receipt of the form by Payment Services, the check will be stopped and a new one will be reissued (if requested). It typically takes five (5) business days from receipt of the form to reissue a stopped check. 

Checks with Errors, Damage or that need to be Cancelled

Recipients of checks containing errors or damages should write "void" across the check and return the original check with the Cancelled Check Authorization form to Payment Services. Please include the reason the check should be voided and indicate whether the check should be reissued. If the check needs to be reissued, a department must prepare a new Disbursement Voucher. Checks that need to be cancelled should also be voided and returned to Payment Services.


Please direct questions regarding stop payments, check reissues, and returned checks to:

Accounts Payable Customer Support
Phone: (213) 740-2281
Fax: (213) 740-3620