The Department of Payment Services (formerly Disbursement Control and Accounts Payable) is responsible for processing and distributing payments for university business-related services and expenses. On behalf of university departments, Payment Services:
- Ensures expenditure compliance with policies set forth by the university, sponsored projects, the Internal Revenue Service, and the State Board of Equalization
- Administers university expenditure policies and maximum reimbursable rates
- Accrues or pays sales tax on taxable items
- Reviews and approves payment requests for cash advances, reimbursements, fellowships, postdoctoral fellows, and student refunds
- Issues invoice payments to suppliers
- Processes independent contractor agreements and payments and issues 1099s
- Processes relocation payments
- Conducts procurement audits
- Processes electronic deposit forms for reimbursements and supplier payments.
More About Us
Payment Services is a Department within Business Services. Business Services is a Department within Financial and Business Services.